My published works have explored the Bardic Tradition in fictional (The Windsmith Elegy series of novels) and non-fictional ways (The Bardic Handbook; The Way of Awen; Desiring Dragons; The Bardic Chair). These days I am exploring this evolving field through my academic research (through my Creative Writing PhD at the University of Leicester and beyond as a Lecturer in Creative Writing at the University of Winchester). I am interested in crossing the creative/critical divide; using bardic skills in conference presentations, lectures, and workshops; and academic rigour in exploring oral traditions and written cultures, fantasy and folklore, and the cross-fertilisation between them.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2014-)
- Fellow of Hawthornden International Writers Retreat
- Eccles Centre Postgraduate Fellow in North American Studies (2015-)
- Honorary Associate of the Open University
- Fantastika (Fantasy; Science Fiction; Weird; Speculalitive Fiction, etc).
- The ecological Gothic
- Multimodal storytelling
- The Bardic Tradition